April 17, 2014
Reminder: No School on Friday, April 18, for all schools in PUSD - Professional Development Day. Have a great three day weekend!
Recordatorio – Español No Habrán Clases este viernes, 18 de abril, en todas escuelas del Distrito Escolar de Pleasanton. Es un Día de Desarrollo Professional para Maestros. ¡Que tengan un buen fin de semana de tres días!
April 10, 2014
Friday is S-p-i-r-i-t day at Valley View. The students can wear any hat they would like. Have fun and be creative!
April 10, 2014
I wanted to let you I am at a district meeting today. There is a wonderful substitute and she has all the plans for the day. See you tomorrow.
April 9, 2014
Valley View’s Second Annual Hanging at Handles fundraiser is fast approaching! Mark your calendars for May 3rd at 7:00 and join us at Handles Gastropub for a night of good food, good drinks, and tons of fun as we celebrate Valley View. Last year, this event raised close to $20,000, and we are hoping to top that this year. In addition to the baskets and art projects that the classes are producing, and the student excursions that the teachers are donating, we will be having a live and silent auction with many unique and exciting items. THANK YOU to everyone who has donated time, effort and items to the class baskets. We know that there are amazing baskets being created out there, all due to our generous Valley View families. If your class received items that do not fit the theme of your basket (i.e. you are doing a golfing theme and your sister donated a facial from her salon) we would love to feature those extra items in the silent auction. Or if you have larger or more unique items to donate, such as use of a rental property to offer for a weekend or access to special member only events, we would love to hear from you! Please call or email Erin Murphy at925-485-1514 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to make a donation. Thank you again for your help and support for our Valley View Community!! Erin Gentile
April 7, 2014
Welcome back from Spring break! The kids did a wonderful job today. I have listed a few updates and reminders for the next few weeks.
- Booklegger- Today we had a visitor from the public library. The students enjoyed hearing about some fun new books they can find at the downtown library.
- Computers- We will not have computers for a few weeks. The upper grades will be testing and need the use of the computer lab. Make sure to visit the Valley View site and click on my photo. I have set up activities for your child to do from home.
- Schedule -All kindergarten students will be early birds on Tuesday, April 29th and Thursday, May 1st. There will be no stagger. Schedule- 8:15-11:35. We will be having Kindergarten visitations.
- Make sure to send in library books!
- I will be testing Unit 8 sight words this week. Make sure to practice.
- A special thank you goes out to Charlotte for sending me this SMILE photo from her lunch. =)
March 28, 2014
Reminder from Valley View
Spring Break is March 31 ~ April 4
No School all next week.
School resumes Monday, April 7, 2014
Have a great spring vacation!
(Español) Recordatorio desde Valley View
Empiezan las vacaciones de la primavera (31 de marzo ~ 4 de abril)
No habrá clases la semana próxima.
Regresamos a la escuela el lunes, 7 de abril de 2014
Que tengan unas vacaciones felices.
March 21, 2014
Dear Parents and Guardians,The weather is getting warmer and we wish to send out this reminder about dress code regulations that apply to students in all schools in the Pleasanton Unified School District. The following items are addressed in PUSD Board Policy; Administrative Regulations (AR 5132A)
- Hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors.
- Dark glasses shall not be worn indoors, except for valid reasons authorized by the administration and verified in writing by a physician.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Halter tops, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs, and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Shorts cannot be shorter than the tips of the person’s finger tips when the arms are extended naturally at the side.
- I have asked teachers and school staff to monitor adherence to the dress code guidelines listed above and to contact parents with reminders on an as needed basis before referring students to the administration. Please feel free to contact me for more information about dress code guidelines or any other matter that needs my attention. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school.
- Rafael Cruz/ Valley View Principal
Estimados padres y tutores: El clima está cambiando al estar por comenzar la primavera. Queremos enviar este recordatorio acerca de las regulaciones del código de vestimenta que se aplican a los estudiantes en todas las escuelas del Distrito Escolar Unificado de Pleasanton. Los siguientes artículos se refieren a la Política del Consejo del Distrito Escolar (PUSD), de acuerdo a los Reglamentos Administrativos (5132 AR)
- Sombreros , gorras y otros artículos de protección solar, no deben ser usados en el interior de los edificios.
- . Los anteojos oscuros no deben ser usados en interiores, excepto por razones válidas autorizadas por la administración y verificadas por escrito por parte de un médico
- · La ropa debe cubrir la ropa interior en todo momento. Están prohibidas las camisetas de tirantes (“halter tops”) sin manga o escotes, camisetas cortas con el estómago descubierto y las faldas o pantalones cortos arriba de la mitad del muslo.
- · Los pantalones cortos (shorts), no pueden ser más cortos que las puntas de los dedos de la persona, al extender los brazos de forma natural a los lados de las piernas.
- He pedido a los maestros y al personal escolar, el supervisar el cumplimiento de las directrices del código de vestimenta antes mencionados, así como comunicarse con los padres por medio de recordatorios, antes de mandar a los estudiantes a la dirección escolar. No dude en ponerse en contacto conmigo para obtener más información sobre las pautas del código de vestir o cualquier otro asunto que necesite de mi atención. Gracias por su apoyo continúo a nuestra escuela.
- Rafael Cruz/ Valley View Principal
March 19, 2014
Today we had a wonderful day kicking off our Plant Unit. We spent some part of the morning learning about and sketching plants. I was so amazed with their artwork. The photos you will see in the slide show were taken in the Valley View garden. Enjoy!
March 17, 2014
Pleasanton Run for Education- Apr 13 If you’ve never run a 5K, this is an excellent opportunity to start as we will have kids and adults from all ages. Some will sprint, some will run, and some will walk; but, all will be having a good time and be supporting the schools. If your child doesn’t want to run the 5K, have them enter the Kid’s Challenge which consists of either a 1/2 or 1/4 mile. For the more experienced runner, the new, certified Half Marathon course takes you to Main Street through downtown then works back to the Fairgrounds. It then crosses over Bernal and onto the Marilyn Kane Trail which is one of Pleasanton’s newer running trails. It eventually works its way back by the Fairgrounds and onto the Arroyo Trail. The start and finish for both 5K and Half is at the Fairgrounds. Register at www.ppierun.com soon as prices will go up again as we get closer to race day.
March 17, 2014
Dear Families, Happy St. Patrick’s day! The class had a lot of fun hunting for leprechauns. Make sure to ask your child all about it. Also, I wanted to let you know that report cards went home today. Please look in their backpack. If you have any questions, please email me. Thank you, Mrs. Wenstrand =)