- A few parents have asked about yearbooks.
- This note was sent to me from Nancy Rae. *You can still order yearbooks online. The cost is: $25.00 plus $7.00 shipping.
- See information to order: www.treering.com
- Valley View Code: 1013172449533861
This is just a reminder to be at school at 5:30 tonight. The multicultural assembly starts at 5:40. See you then!
Dear Parents, This is just a reminder that the last week of school will have a different schedule. I have listed it below. If you have any questions, please send me an email.
Monday, June 9th: 8:15-11:35a.m
Tuesday, June 10th 8:15-11:35a.m
Wednesday, June 11th: 9:15-12:35pm
Thursday, June 12th: 8:15-11:35a.m
Friday, June 13th: 8:15-11:35a.m (Last Day of School)
Happy three day weekend. Below is a list of some important dates to remember. With only three weeks left of school, I will be sending reminders on a regular basis.
Next week I will send home the final homework of the year. Keep up the great work!
All library books are due. We will not be checking out anymore books this year. Miss Ellen has asked that all books be returned as soon as possible. Make sure to take advantage of the Pleasanton Public Library. They will be having a Free Summer Reading Program. My children have participated in the program over the past few years. They loved it!
May 30th is the Multi-Cultural Fair. We are singing three songs. I hope all students will come and participate. Please have you child arrive to our classroom by 5:30pm. You will need to pick them up directly after their singing. I will send out a reminder later this week.
All students will be early birds the entire last week of school. 8:15-11:35. I will be sending out a note with details about the last week.
Please join us for Valley View’s
Thursday, May 22
Classroom visits: 6:30-7:30 pm
Acompáñenos en Valley View a la apertura de las aulas
Jueves, 22 de mayo
Visitacion de aulas: 6:30-7:30 pm
Hello Families, We have 2 fun celebrations coming to Valley View.
May 22nd you are welcome to come and visit your child’s classroom . Valley View will be having, Open House.
May 30th- You child will be singing in the Valley View Multi-Cultural Fair. I will be sending home a note with specifics, but put it on your calendar. The students have been working hard to get ready for their big performance!
Dear families, Our classes have been working hard all year long! We are so proud of everything your child has learned. With Summer only a 8 ½ weeks away we wanted to send you a checklist to hang on your refrigerator. Please take the time to work on all of these skills at home. If we continue to work as a team and practice at school and at home, your child will go into the summer ready for next year. This list is also good to have as a reminder in August of things to review before starting school next year.Have fun and make a game of it. A family that studies together, grows SMART together! Smiles, Mrs. Wenstrand
- Read, write and recognize all letters
- Know all letter sounds on a consistent basis with automaticity
- Know all kindergarten sight words
- Ask/answer questions about text (Make sure to ask about characters, setting, and sequence of events of the story)
- Be able to write 1-3 sentences to a topic. See attached self-edit page.
- Write first and last name with proper form
- Understand and follow directions
- CVC words (be able to read and write consonant-vowel-consonant words
- Recite poems, rhymes, songs (read and sing nursery rhymes)
- Numbers to 30 (be able to count, recognize and place numbers in order 1-30)
- Add/ subtract 1 to 9 (For example: 1+8=9, 5-3=2)
- Understand concept of time (What happens in the morning, afternoon and night)
- Collect date/ record results (be able to do a simple graph)
- Use tools/strategies to model problem (be able to know when to add or subtract)
- Explain reasoning.
- Shapes (circle, square, rectangle, triangle, diamond, oval, cone, sphere, cube)
Local resources: Golden Apple Learning store, Lakeshore learning, The Public Library
Thank you again for a wonderful teacher appreciation week! I felt so spoiled and appreciated. Have a nice rest of your weekend and wonderful mother’s day!